Musicians and Venues, due to Covid, we will not be holding matchmaking for 2020 so this login link isn’t working at this time. BUT, music will still be happening on June 21st, all over the world for Make Music Day. We would love to share your virtual concerts from all over the city with the hashtag #makemusicmadison.
Here are other projects in the works to celebrate Make Music Day together.
We miss you all, please stay safe, and check back here or on Facebook for updates.
- Live From Home Challenge: Record a musical performance at home on June 21, and tag three friends to challenge them to respond with their own performances.
- Online Music Lessons: Teachers around the world will be offering free, online lessons for a variety of instruments on June 21.
- Street Studios: Be part of a completely improvised music creation session. Record any sound or musical material on June 21st and upload it to one of the “Street Studio” producers, then watch the producer’s livestream as they incorporate it into a musical track created on the spot, using only the submitted materials.
- Bands Undercover: Individuals or bands sign up to cover each other’s original music, and live stream their performances to each other in a unique musical exchange on June 21.
- Young Composers Contest: Composers between the ages of 13-21 are invited to submit short, original compositions for choir by June 1st. A panel of renowned composers will give their feedback on all entries, and will select one winning piece to release on June 21 to the world in a professional performance.
- Global Livestream: a day-long video stream on June 21 will show the rich diversity of live Make Music Day events around the world.