About Make Music Madison
Make Music Madison is a free, citywide day of music held annually on June 21st, the longest day of the year. Initiated in Madison in 2013, our festival is part of the larger Make Music Day, an international summer solstice music celebration occurring in 1,000+ cities across the globe. Each year, coffee shops, restaurants, retail shops, centers of worship, front porches, parks, and other locations across Madison fill with music for everyone to enjoy!
- Music “Performed by Anyone, Enjoyed by Everyone.”
- A celebration of the summer solstice and the longest day of the year.
- A buffet of musical merriment.
- A DIY city-wide fest where anyway to make music can and will happen.
- Open to music makers of all ages, skill levels, and musical persuasions.
Annually on June 21st
Over 100 locations throughout the City of Madison!
Meri Rose Ekberg, Managing Director
Jamie Kember, Board President
Ashley Massart, Board Treasurer
Kristian Petrov Iliev, Board Secretary
Alex Squitieri, Board Member
Charlie Koczela, Board Member
Emily Goretski, Board Member
Randy Riemer, Board Member
Taeli Shea Turner Reistad, Board Member
+ Volunteers in outreach, matchmaking, publicity, and fundraising. Learn how to join our merry crew!