Registration for performers and venues has closed for 2021. Registered for Make Music Madison and need to make a change?
2021 Event Details:
Monday, June 21st, 2021
Performance from 8 AM – 9 PM
All participants must be within the City of Madison and follow the most up to date COVID ordinances from Public Health Madison and Dane County.
Musicians: All styles, ages and experience levels are invited to register to perform! You can play one set or schedule as many shows as you like.
Venues: Whether you have a garden, pontoon boat, sidewalk, or other outdoor space in mind, it’s easy and there’s no cost to participate.
- Deadline for New Registrations: Midnight, Tuesday, May 25th
- Last Day to Schedule and Confirm Shows: Midnight, Tuesday, June 1st
- Venue Materials Pick Up: Saturday, June 4th 10 AM – 12 PM & Sunday, June 5th 12 PM – 2 PM
What is Matchmaking?
Matchmaking is our system of connecting musicians with venues. After creating an account, venues can browse musician profiles and vice versa and participants can start sending out booking requests. A few tips:
- Don’t be shy! Feel free send requests. It helps to put yourself out there and you can book as many shows as you want.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner. No one likes to wait to hear back. If it’s not a good fit, let the other party know so they can move on.
- Follow up! You can send direct messages through the system or reach out via phone or email.
- In the end, just about everyone who wants to participate will match up. If you need assistance, send a message to email@example.com.
Wondering if you can host? Here are the guidelines…
- Is your venue located in the City of Madison?
- Is it free, outdoors, and accessible to the public?
- Can you maintain a 6′ clearance on the sidewalk for pedestrian passage?
- And of course, everyone must abide by the most up to date Public Health Madison and Dane County COVID orders.
Parks: Want to claim a city park for your stage? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set it up for you, no permitting or fees required.
Questions? – See our FAQ which covers many questions about matchmaking, registration, marketing, and more! Or email email@example.com.