Musicians: All styles, ages, and experience levels are invited to register to perform and participate on Make Music Day! You can play one set or schedule as many as you like.
Venues: Whether you have a garden, pontoon boat, sidewalk, café, or other space in mind, it’s easy and there’s no cost to participate.
- Venue Registration Opens: March 25th at 8 AM
- Musician Registration Opens & Matchmaking Begins: April 1st at 8 AM
- Registration Closes: May 25th at 11:59 PM
- Matchmaking Ends: June 1st at 11:59 PM
- Venue Material Pick Up: June 11th 11 AM – 2 PM
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to stay up to date!
What is Matchmaking?
Matchmaking is our system of connecting musicians with venues. After creating an account, venues can browse musician profiles and vice versa and participants request a booking. A few tips:
- Don’t be shy! Feel free to send requests. It helps to put yourself out there and you can book as many shows as you want.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner. No one likes to wait to hear back. If it’s not a good fit, let the other party know so they can move on.
- Follow up! You can send direct messages through the system or reach out via phone or email.
- In the end, just about everyone who wants to participate will match up. If you need assistance, send a message to email@example.com.
Who can host?
- Is your venue located in the City of Madison?
- Is it free and accessible to the public?
- Can you maintain a 6′ clearance on the sidewalk for the pedestrian passage?
- And of course, everyone must abide by the most up-to-date Public Health Madison and Dane County COVID orders.
Parks: Want to claim a city park for your stage? Use Find-a-Park to explore Madison Parks alphabetically or with the neat interactive map. Once you identify a park that meets your needs, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reserve it for you if it is still available, no permitting or fees required.
Check out our Participant Resources list for more handy tools.
Questions? – See our FAQ which covers many questions about matchmaking, registration, marketing, and more! Or email email@example.com.