- Venue Registration Opens: March 25th at 8 AM
- Musician Registration Opens & Matchmaking Begins: April 1st at 8 AM
- Registration Closes: May 25th at 11:59 PM
- Matchmaking Ends: June 1st at 11:59 PM
- Venue Material Pick Up: June 10th 11 AM – 2 PM
Musicians: All styles, ages, and experience levels are invited to register to perform and participate on Make Music Day! You can play one set or schedule as many as you like.
Venues: Whether you have a garden, pontoon boat, sidewalk, café, or other space in mind, it’s easy and there’s no cost to participate. Venues must be:
- In the City of Madison
- Free and accessible to the public
- Maintain a clearance on the sidewalk for pedestrian passage
Parks: Want to claim a city park for your stage? Use Find-a-Park to explore Madison Parks alphabetically or with the neat interactive map. Once you identify a park that meets your needs, email email@example.com and we’ll reserve it for you if it is still available, and we will pay for and process the required permit.
Step-By-Step Registration Videos
What is Matchmaking?
Matchmaking is our system of connecting musicians with venues. After creating an account, venues can browse musician profiles and vice versa and request a booking. A few tips:
- Fill out your profile as much as possible.
- Don’t be shy! Feel free to send requests. It helps to put yourself out there and you can book as many shows as you want.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner. No one likes to wait to hear back. If it’s not a good fit, let the other party know so they can move on.
- Follow up! You can send direct messages through the system or reach out via phone or email.
- In the end, just about everyone who wants to participate will match up. If you need assistance, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our Participant Resources list for more handy tools.